How to help
- Join Devon Badger Group and learn more about badgers and what you can do to help from our group meetings and training.
- Join the Badger Trust
- Call the police immediately on 999 (emergencies) or 101 (non-emergencies) and the RSPCA on 0300 1234 999 if you see something suspicious near a badger sett. Please contact us too. Remember, badgers are protected by the law.
- You can also call Crimestoppers anonymously if you have information on anyone involved in criminal activity: 0800 555 111
- Write to your local MP and tell them to vote against the badger cull. Even if they are pro-cull, if they receive lots of letters and emails from their constituents saying they oppose the badger cull, it will make them think. Remember, they need votes to stay in power! You can find your local MP at writetothem.com
- Please report any sick, injured, orphaned or dead badgers to us using our free 24-hour helpline on 07710 971988. This line is manned by a volunteer 24 hours a day, all year round. For injured or sick badgers, please call any time. However, if your call is of an urgent nature and is diverted to voicemail, please call the RSPCA 24-hour hotline on 0300 1234 999.
- For non-urgent matters, please call in daytime hours. If the volunteer is unable to respond to your call immediately, please leave a message on the voicemail and your call will be returned as soon as possible.
More useful numbers
- You can report a suspected animal poisoning or other abuse of pesticides by calling the Wildlife Incident Investigation Scheme on 0800 321 600.
- Badger Trust: 08458 287878
- Secret World Wildlife Rescue office hours number: 01278 783250
Secret World Wildlife Rescue 24-hour helpline: 07717 651515